Monday, August 31, 2009

A sad, but wonderful day...

So today is Ethan's first day of dayschool at the church. He's been extremely excited about it for weeks now so that's kept my spirits up but now that the day is actually here, this mom is having a hard time. What's even harder...I didn't even get to take him. I couldn't really. We normally have Monday morning meetings that was prohibiting me from going but when I got to work and received the email that our boss is out of town so we wouldn't be meeting, well the tears started falling. I could have come in late and taken my sweet boy to his first day of school. Oh well, trying not to dwell on it. I know he's going to have a fantastic time and I can't wait to get him after work today so I can hear all about it!! I know he's going to have a million and one things to talk to me about. His daddy is keeping me updated so well though. I'm glad. According to him, Ethan basically jumped out of the car to Ms. Laurie and she remembered his name so it made it a lot easier I'm sure. So off he went without a goodbye or kisses for his daddy. That means he is SO excited. I'm happy for him, he needs other children to play with.

Tomorrow we go to his soccer meeting and next Tuesday night, we start the Start Smart Program for him. I'm excited about that because I know he LOVES kicking the soccer ball around. I'll let you all know how that goes!

This weekend was incredible. I love having my parents in town and having our children and just being a family. Saturday morning we got up early and went over to Portrait Innovations to have pictures taken. They turned out amazing and both kids were just so cute and did perfectly. We got some wonderful ones of them and I'm so thankful for my family. Our kids really are just too cute. So I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well...mine was spectacular and filled with lots of the people that mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment